Saturday, July 10, 2010

22: Day 15/Oh, rain...

Date: 9/7/10
Town: Montréal, Québec
Time: 9.23pm
Timezone: GMT -04.00

Nothing much happened today. I made an awesome waffle stack at breakfast today but I didn't bring my camera, so you'll have to use your imagination. Lady in front of me took six waffles when I was going to get one so I took the last two packets of maple syrup. Mwahaha. Revenge is sweet. Tastes like maple syrup.
It was Rikki's birthday, and so we went out for a commemorative shop and wander around the city, and then decided to go back to the hotel for lunch. Then it rained till kingdom come and I reckon it was about Perth's annual rainfall in one afternoon over here. That said, it has been pretty darn humid for the last few days.
So we just hung out at the hotel all afternoon. Was really good.


We walked around a bit more. Found a statue of King Edward.


But the seagull shat on his head.


So there you have it, my friends. I'm sure this is a nice metaphoric tale for all of us.
Then we stayed in and watched Blindside on the hotel TV and Rikki had a very nice birthday.
Happy birthday Rikki!
Next stop, Québec city.
Blog ya later.

PS Emerson I have been trying so hard to find an Emerson, Emo, E-dog, Brophy, Bro, Bro-dog, B-Dog reference but I haven't found one yet. Will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha so you'd say.,.... a seagull shat on edward...(eddy)'s head...?
    is it like super freezing over there? or its summer hey? because of hemispeheres and the like... but still raining... so it is cold? because we are finally getting some rain down here and waking up to ice on cars etc. and electric blankets... mmm warmth....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. I laughed very much at the birdshit. :D
    it's summer but it's weird weather, even the canadians themselves think it's weird. it was really cold on the West Coast like in Vancouver and Calgary, then it was super hot and humid in Toronto and Quebec and Montreal, and we just drove from Prince Edward Island to Nova Scotia and it rained for about five hours straight. :| so it's weirding me out.
    Oh, and there was a tornado in Manitoba today but that's sort of in the middle and we didn't go there.
    and dude, there was like some massive storm in Perth or whatever and everyone was like NO WAY ten mls of rain, crazy stairs... and that was the same day it rained 60mls in Montreal and everyone was like, oh no worries. :3

    ReplyDelete