Tuesday, July 13, 2010

25: Day 18/Signs of a Moose

Date: 12/7/10
Town: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Time: 9.38pm
Timezone: GMT -03.00

Okay, went through a new timezone today. Only eleven hours behind my dear Perth friends now. The maths is killing me, but I have kept my laptop clock set on Perth time so I know when you are sleeping... I know when you're awake...
God, that's the creepiest Christmas Carol ever, isn't it? Fears of a paedophilic Santa Claus. Good grief.
Anyway, so today we drove all the way from dear old Québec to this cute little town called Fredericton. We saw one beaver dam, but no beavers. Obviously Canada keeps their beavers well hidden. No use in keeping your beavers out on full display, anything could happen... (watch it, kiddos.... keep it PG.)
And there were signs of moose on the way!





Hardy har har... Get it? Signs of a moose?
(I think the last one was a caribou sign anyway.)
But that is such an Emerson joke. Just like the Seal of Approval.
Still makes me giggle.
I was on moose watch during the 'high risk of moose' area.
The conversations went like this.
"Moose?"
"No."
"Mooses?"
"Nope."
"Moose-i?"
"Nup."
"Moosereyesis?"
"Yeah."
"Really?"
"No."
"Hmmm."
"OH! OH! OH!"
"What?????!"
".... A COW. Hahaha. You thought it was a moose."
"...bastard."
Yeah. Fun times.
But just when my faith in the existence of the moose was beginning to dwindle, look what I found!




I knew they were hiding around here somewhere.
Also some notable notes from the journey. We saw a big waterfall, somewhere. I don't remember where. The Great Falls! Wooooh! Cool, water and a dam.
Hey, what did the fish say when he swam into the wall?
"Dam."
HAH. I am full of it tonight. Must have been those chicken wings.


Also, Edmunston is not as great as it sounds. Yeah. That's how crap it really is. We dropped into this cafe for lunch and they were like, "We have some spiced lentil soup and some chilled dill pickle and asparagus soup if you're hungry."
Aha, thanks, mung beans, but no thanks. You can keep your hippie food. We went to Subway and had extra cookies. Yum.
Anyway. So Fredericton is awesome, we get to stay in a Bed and Breakfast... WOW! I love this place. It's so pretty.... I'll get you photos, because I haven't got much to say, because just like Michael Jackson, the Veronicas and also, apparently, Lady Gaga, I have been left Speechless.
Hah. A little bit funny, maybe? Please?
I give up. Here's your blog-pics. Enjoy.



This is the B&B we're staying at. So cute.



On that happy, floral-wallpaper note, I'll blog ya later.
Next stop, Charlottetown.

2 comments:

  1. hahahah Moosereyesis, you finally found Moosereyesis, did you hit the one on the road? =O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah no but some other guy did. Saw it on the news.
    Was sad. Moose and man both dead. :(
    I guess seeing a moosereyesis up close isn't all that great.

    ReplyDelete