Friday, July 16, 2010

28: Day 21/Misanthropes.

Date: 15/7/10
Town: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Time: 5.56pm
Timezone: GMT -03.00

Today was notably less rainy, so we decided to take a hike down to the dock to check out the boats and the ships and it was fine and dandy, here's some pictures just for you.


The harbour is a lot of fun. There's lots of shops and places to eat and all the stuff a good harbour has. It's also the annual Jazz Festival in Halifax at the moment so there's a lot of musos around town, and we came across a certain jazz ensemble who call themselves the 620 Jazz Lab, and they entertained us for a while with their fantastic tunes.
Crank that!
Or not. Hopefully the audio works this time... unlike the marching videos...
Oh good, it works. I think I've seen this one in the jazz band book before?



Then we strolled across to Peggy's Cove (or something to that extent) to see a real lighthouse, not like yesterday when we went to find those lighthouses that don't exist. They're just mythical. Like the majestic moose. I'm convinced they don't exist at all.
Now, the title of this post is 'Misanthropes'. If you're not sure what a misanthrope is, then listen closely and learn from the wise one (who learns all she knows from Wikipedia). Misanthropy is the act of hating people. It's a term for the hatred of the human race by another human. A person who 'suffers' from misanthropy is a misanthrope. I'd like to say that I believe my sister is a misanthrope as she said, looking upon one of the many mighty lighthouses of Nova Scotia...
"There's f**king people in the frame. I hate people."


And sure enough, there was, but still. Misanthrope alert!
But I managed to get a photo mostly devoid of people, except for the lady (I think it's a lady) playing her piano accordion up by the lighthouse. And I think that adds a sort of folk and feeling to the image.
I present to you the Lady of the Lighthouse.
If it is a Lady. I haven't actually checked.


Plus it's kind of hazy and I think this might be a good one to show Mr. Mahony. Among some of the others, I mean. Now I think about it, I have not done one bit of homework. I have a whole plane trip from London to Singapore to do some but really, I was so convinced I wouldn't fall behind but now I think I'll have a lot of trouble. Plus I didn't send Mr. Mahony the assignment I said I would and neither did I email Ms. Meckenstock about maths. I'm sure they'll forgive me. At some point. Well, Mr. Mahony will get distracted by the photos I show him. I'll get off topic, it's easy enough with him. But Ms. Meckenstock, however.... this will require a plan. Any brilliant ideas that may save my maths future?
After the journey to the lighthouse we went for fish and chips and after that we trotted on home, and because I'm blogging slightly earlier than usual I may add a few after-dinner photos on later. But not sure. So stay tuned.
Blog ya later.
Next stop, NEW YORK!!!
Start spreading the news. Cause I'm leaving today... [um..tomorrow. actually.]
I'm gonna be a part of it; New York, New York...

2 comments:

  1. yeah, cool picture.

    Unofficial Fail #...shit! who knows?: Rikki - She's a Misanthrope. She Endulges in Misanthropy. Fail (of unofficial sorts).


    so yeah, Mr Mahony will be fine, he'll end up marking it or something in light of your bloody amazing photographs...Ms Meckenstock wont be impressed, but she wont be mad. she does that 'logic' think where she explains what you should have done and explkains what the situation is and thats it. oh, and she'l have that 'you tried to trickery me Ms, but im not gone get trickified by you you stupid student scum' look on her face. But you shouldnt be worries anyway, im pretty sure your doing well in both subjects. no?

    and youve been on holiday doing things, ive been at home and i havent done any homework. whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fair nuff.
    I still feel like I owe the word a bit of study.

    ReplyDelete