Sunday, July 4, 2010

15: Day 9/Yeeha, Calgary

Date: 3/7/10
Time: 4.51pm
Town: Calgary, Alberta
Timezone: -07.00

Wow, Calgary is cowboy central. There's cowboys everywhere. I love it, really. I'd be more excited if I wasn't so tired. Want an explanation? Of course you do, you'd only be reading the blog for mere entertainment so let me entertain you with tales of my suffering.
First of all, you can shove Banff where the sun don't shine. Not all of it, I'm sure it's a lovely town, but our room was just above the smoking deck for the local bogan pub, and the latest attraction in town is a steam train. Yeah, cool, whatever. Not so exciting when it's still steam training till two o'clock in the freaking morning. Thanks, Banff, you bastards. I am so tired I fell asleep listening to Psychedelic Furs. That's an insult to the Butler brothers. They don't deserve that sort of treatment.
But otherwise, Banff was alright. Apart from the freaky street names. All of the names of the streets in Banff's town centre are named after animals. For example, Wolf Street, Beaver Street, Grizzy Street, Moose Street, Muskrat Street, Mountain Goat Street, Cougar Street, Caribou Street, Buffalo Street, Fox Street, Deer Street, Elk Street, Otter Street, not to mention Gopher, Lynx, Fox, Rabbit, Badger, Marmot and Marten Street.
.... It's a good theme, but really. It's just an overkill.
But now I'm in Calgary, the Home of the New West! It's really cool here. Cowboys, cowboys, cowboys. Love em. They're great fun and really nice people.
Pictures? Fer sure.


Little bit disappointed because we're only here for one night, and the Calgary Stampede is on next week. As in, the world's biggest rodeo exhibition. Kinda sucks, but I guess there's always next time.


Come to think of it, we've missed just about every event that's been going on around here. Missed the gay parade in San Francisco, missed Canada Day in Lake Louise, missed the Calgary Stampede. And I think we missed the festivities of the environmental conference in Toronto, and also missed Independence Day in America. What terrible timing.
But oh well. It's probably better that we did miss them, because it means there's less people around. Not such a bad thing.
That's pretty much all for now. I'll update later tomorrow when I'm in Toronto, or maybe the day after.
Is school finished yet? I suppose it is. Have a good holidays, people.
Stay awesome!
Next stop, Toronto.

4 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better, St Kilda beat Geelong by A LOT ... while you were near a boganpub ... :D

    Also Conor: She's using a cheesyMcCheese camera

    P.S - Darcie, can you look out for the latest issue of: "Canadian Boar Hunter" for Conor, Tom and Myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK GO ARE PERFORMING AT THE CALGARY STAMPEDE!!!

    DON'T YOU BE GOING ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry wang, already in toronto.
    and i'm using my olympus camera, it's one of those super tough ones that you can throw at people you don't like, breaking their skull while not breaking the camera lens.
    not that i've thought about smashing my near-indestructible camera into anyone's skull.

    ReplyDelete