Saturday, July 3, 2010

14: Day 8/Art thou Impressed?

Date: 2/7/10
Time: 6.38pm
Town: Banff, Alberta
Timezone: -07.00

GUESS WHAT I DID THIS MORNING.
ON THE COUNT OF 3, OKAY 123 - I RODE A HORSE.
THIS IS DESERVING OF CAPS LOCK.
For those of you slightly confused, I'll clear it up.
I have never ridden a horse before, so this is a big deal. I've only seen them from a distance, and played Legend of Zelda. Which is awesome, let's face it, Epona is the best horse ever. But I was on a real one today, and he was very much four dimensional.
Meet Wildy, my mighty steed.


And yeah, I'm still wearing the beanie.
The hotel has stables a short walk away and they take out groups for a ride around the lake and through the nearby forest. Dad decided to take us for a treat, but Mum didn't go because a) she doesn't like horses and b) she didn't want to throw out her back.
Our guide's name was Matt, and he was pure cowboy. I should have got a photo of him, you would have loved him. He had spurs in his boots. Absolute cowboy.


So I get up on Wildy, and he's pretty cool with that. I'm like whoa, this is weird. He's like, yeah cool, I'm hungry. First thing he does? Goes and finds some grass to munch on.


Whoever named him Wildy must have had a sick sense of humor. Worst misnomer ever. This horse was the laziest, greediest horse. He kept on stopping to eat things. Cute...
Matt's horse was a crazy bastard, he tried to kick Matt off a few times and that was pretty funny. Mostly because Matt got him back under control and then hollered, "YEEAAH! WHO'S YOUR DADDY?!"
And I lol'd, very much.
It was so much fun. It was more than a hoot and a half, it was two hoots. For a first time on a horse, this was awesome. I liked Wildy (I'm not so sure the feeling was mutual) but we had a fun time.
And then we drove to Banff.
Um, yeah. Every second shop is a gift shop, and they have... um... a steam train. And some hot springs. Nice work, guys.
These are the only photos I have from Banff. Sorry.


It's gonna be an excellent collection of Edwards references by the end of my journey.
Oh wow, this is the first time I've blogged something the day it happened. Wowzer.
Miss you guys. Have a fun last week of school.
Next stop, Calgary.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty damn awesome.
    And I'm loving the beanie.

    However, I challenge you to find at least one reference to Emerson or Brophy.

    Official challenge.

    Have a great rest-of-trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't find brophy related stuffs. I'm quite happy for you 2 continue finding edwards references. love u child:D

    ReplyDelete