Wednesday, July 21, 2010

32: Day 25/So Long, America

Date: 19/7/10
Town: Manhattan, NY/London, England
Time: 9.02pm
Timezone: GMT -04.00/-01.00

This post is sort of askew because I'm writing it while in the JFK airport but about to get on the plane to England. So, by the time I get to post it, I'll be in England.
So this post is in two places at once. I suppose.
Nothing really spectacular happened today. I went out for Breakfast again and had pancakes again and this time they were the best of all. So I'm pleased to say that the Brooklyn Diner wins best pancakes award for three days in New York City.
(Note: I totally forgot to add to this here blog that I went to the Guggenheim Art Museum today. Usually I rely on my photojournalism skills to help me remember what happened but the funny thing is that you're not allowed to take photos inside the Guggenheim. So there you have it.)
After that, we sort of lingered around the city again, spent some time investigating the M&M's store, bought a kilo and a half of M&M's... all different colours, too. You can get aqua green, baby blue, lilac purple, pastel pink and more. I didn't get a photo but here's some I stole from Google Images.


This store was amazing. So many M&Ms! It's heaven, or at least my version of it.
We went to the Bond 45 restaurant for lunch, we went there for dinner the night before and decided we liked it so much to go back. That's the first time that's happened in any town, in any country in this entire trip. I would definitely eat there every day of my life if I could.
Much of my journey revolves around food.
So then we went to the airport and we got into the British Airways lounge thanks to Dad's Qantas club card again... always handy. Got to have showers and freshen up, and then our waiter brought us drinks and coffees and I shared with him some of my M&Ms - I had enough to go round, after all - and he talked to us and liked us so much he got us a table in the business class lounge where they serve up real food.
Guess being nice to people has it's benefits. It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Next stop, England... well. Later tonight, I'll be on a plane to Heathrow. So, technically I'll be in England. You know.
Bye!

2 comments:

  1. got enough m&m's there?? sheesh what....why....who.... too many m&m's!! there look like some strange grey ones there... they'd be weird... do you have every flavour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're all the same flavor, dear.... just different colours. perhaps you have confused chocolatey m&ms with delightfully fruity skittles.

    ReplyDelete