Sunday, July 11, 2010

23: Day 16/Halfway through

Date: 10/7/10
Town: Québec city, Québec
Time: 11.28pm
Timezone: GMT -04.00

Sooooo I'm halfway through my journey. Now I'm just gonna spend the next few weeks making my way home. Okay? You can start looking forward to my return soon. Soon being now-ish. Heh.
So today we drove from Montréal to Québec city. Pretty long drive, not sure how long because true to my form I fell asleep. But we did go through a town with a McDonalds where only one person spoke English. Hah. Would have been an interesting experience if she hadn't.
But I asked for a double cheeseburger and she gave me two normal cheeseburgers instead. Hmmmmm. Maybe a little bit lost in translation but at least she got it mostly right. Plus she was real nice so I forgive her.
Then we arrived in Québec. God, this town is awesome. Also it's the summer festival on at the moment so a lot of shows going on (mostly in French) but it's a really feel-good town. I have a good feeling about it.
Also, Québec city is the home of the Cirque du Soleil, and these holidays they're hosting a street show as a part of their pre-tour events.
Here's some videos from the street show, I have more but I'd rather not kill the internet. I'm stealing it from the cafe downstairs, Cafe Nektar. Delicious internet if I do say so myself.
So this is more of a video-blog at the moment. I guess it's a live tourist attraction and I couldn't get any photos anyway, so here's your entertainment for the night.








So that was my first night in Québec, tomorrow we're going exploring and seeing the rest of it including the old parts and the Royal Guard at the fort. Trés bien.
A bientôt, mesdames et messieurs.

2 comments:

  1. best buskers ever...? is the scenery in canda awesome? because i've thought about going there but not sure what i'd expect to see, from man vs wild it looks cold as crap, but he went through the mountains so.... kind of biased view... hehe, yeah is it worth a trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would actually come back to Canada. I would live here. That's how awesome it is.
    The only problem is deciding where to live. :D

    ReplyDelete