Tuesday, July 20, 2010

31: Day 24/Rockefeller

Date: 18/7/10
Town: Manhattan, NY
Time: 8.35pm
Timezone: GMT -04.00

I had late breakfast (again) and of course it was pancakes. It wasn't as good as yesterday's but I'm not naming names, don't want to put down any of the diners, they're all pretty good as far as I can tell.
Today was all quite busy. The day before we had tried to go shopping in Soho area which was a bit of a failure because it was so full of cheap stores that were really not good for anything much, so today we went to 5th Avenue which is where all the fancy schmancy shops are, but first we went to the Rockefeller centre.
The Rockefeller tower is about sixty eight stories high and it's got one of the best views of New York city. We thought, being tourists and all, we should go do the touristy things. So we did.
And here's the pictures, words cannot describe this city.


Yay for good views! Actually all of these pictures were terribly smoggy when I took them but I edited them for your viewing pleasure. Much more aesthetically fabulous.
Then we went for a shop. Now, might I say that I am not the best shopper ever. I am a terrible shopper because I'm pessimistic about clothes, but nothing else much. I love nice clothes but they quite often don't fit. And I'm a perfectionist. There's other reasons but I'm keeping it real, you know.
I found on 5th Avenue, though, some fantastic stores. Sak's on Fifth is an enormous department store that has Gucci and Chanel and Dolce and Gabanna and all that and we stayed for about a minute, saw a nice pair of Prada shoes that were four hundred dollars on sale so we buggered off.
The shops I liked on Fifth were a few shops I've come across in my travels. My favourite three so far have been Urban Outfitters, Banana Republic and Anthopologie. They are nice clothes, sort of like nice prints and patterns and cardigans and all the things I like. I'm upset because they don't have these stores in Perth, but I'm happy because nobody else in Perth will wear the clothes I have now. So it's a sort of good and bad thing.
That's all I can rant about for now, move on!
Later on that night we had nothing to do. So we went back up the Rockefeller tower at night. Of course.
And, as I'm writing this in the airport because I'm behind on the posts, I currently don't have my camera and therefore don't have the pictures I took that night.
So. Stay tuned. I'll get them to you soon.
But, just for Matthew,



EDIT: As promised, a look from the Rockefeller at night. Eep!



Blog ya later.
Next stop, London.

4 comments:

  1. sweet!

    Miguel would shit himself up that high. i would too, but i think miguels height phobia is bigger than mine (which isnt really a phobia, im just unneasy with rock climbing). so anyway, talking of heights, on the DVD of escape the fate, they go up the eiffel Tower and it is soooo freakin high! like, i crapped myself just watching the dvd. you should go there! Do it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um. right now? my sister just beat the crap out of me with a pillow to make me have a shower so we can go see london town. and i was like WTF MUM AND DAD ARENT EVEN HERE. and they weren't. i dont know where they are. they've pissed off somewhere and nobodys thought to explain anything to me so i'm currently orphaned in a hotel room in Kensington.
    ka-pooey.

    ReplyDelete