Wednesday, July 14, 2010

26: Day 19/Edward!

Date: 13/7/10
Town: Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Time: 8.50pm
Timezone: GMT -03.00

I’m currently staying on an island named after our dear friends Paige and Jordan; I got them some fantastic brochures so they know what to do when they get to their island.


Also I thought of a new name for the band. There was a bit of a running theme to many of our band names – the first, If I Was A King, You’d Be A Monkey, the second was If It Was Tuesday I’d Be Eating Macaroni, and perhaps there should be a third which was If I Was An Edward, I’d Have An Island.
Just a thought, but I think my comedic genius was all used up yesterday.
So Prince Edward Island is the home of the lovely book known as Anne of Green Gables. If you’re a literature fool in real life and not just at school like me, then you’ll know that it’s a strange book about a ranga girl with braids in her hair who runs around a farm and does all sorts of cute things.


That’s dear old Anne. Isn’t she cute? You can't see it but she's got freckles till the cows come home. The story of Anne was about a farming family in Prince Edward Island who adopt a boy from Nova Scotia to help out on the farm, but a mistake was made at the orphanage and they sent a girl. They decided to keep her anyway and so blooms the stories of Anne.
Written by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Jolly good.
And there’s no mooseries around here, so I’m not going to see one at all. Which sucks. I didn’t see a moose or a bear or a puffin, but I did see a raccoon, chipmunk, squirrel and also a fox today. We also came to the conclusion that road kill doesn’t count as still life photography.


This is what I see for many hours of the day. There's more stuff out the windows but this is a lot of it. I get the back seat with the luggage. Yay.


Stuff like this, for instance. You know houses around here cost between 200-300k? That's crazy! Of course, this is a property so it'll be a bit more but town houses with three bedrooms and two bathrooms are way cheap. Why are we even living in Perth? We're rich bitches as far as I can tell.
We went for a drive around the island and found ourselves a lighthouse. It was really small though.


That's a proper scale. Look at the tiny man dancing next to it!
And after we took some more photos...


We realised that we were being eaten alive by mosquitoes. So we ran back to the car and jumped in, and I had to use my copy of the Scarlatti Inheritance to kill mosquitoes that had entered the vehicle. I got the highest score of three mosquitoes but I didn't get any extra points for blood (cause if you kill a mozzie and it's got blood in it's guts, then you get bonus x2. It's just the rules.)


This one got in the way of my photos from that point onwards. Henceforth, you might say...
And that was pretty much all that happened. We went to Peter Pans for burgers and milkshakes. Very impressive dining.


And that's all for tonight. I'll blog you tomorrow if I have internet but I'm not sure. So far the hotels have been really great as far as internets go.
But for now, goodnight. Well, good morning, actually.
You know.
Bye!
Next stop, Halifax.
(I think).

P.S. I don't know how to count because my blogs went from 11 to twelve back to eleven and twelve again before going onto thirteen, so I was two days short. This is actually the right number of days now.

3 comments:

  1. HEY! eddy could work at peter pans! lots of little children there yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. TROLOLOLOL...LOL, I approve of geoff's humorous sense :D

    Wait...OMG THOSE MAD PEOPLE HAVE THE STEERING WHEEL ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE CAR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mostly old people actually, they gave me disapproving looks when I stole the salt. But I gave it back. So I don't know what their problem is.
    And technically Conrad they invented cars so I think they get to decide where the wheel is/side of the road/etc...

    ReplyDelete