Friday, July 9, 2010

21: Day 14/Magnifique!

Date: 8/7/10
Town: Montréal, Québec
Time: 10.00pm
Timezone: GMT -04.00

Okay so this morning we go down to breakfast of waffles and maple syrup. Mmmmm. Complimentary breakfast. Yum, yum, yum.
After that, we went shopping. Nothing much to speak of, I bought a pair of boots and we got a free bag for our trouble. Mmmm. Complimentary bag.
I can't say much about the shopping, really. Nothing majorly eventful happens, it's kind of repetitive.
So we move on to the photos of Montréal. Well. One photo.


And then we went ice skating. I am so in love with ice skating. It's amazingly fun. And all those years of rollerblading really helped. I should get back into blading. I forget how much fun it was.


Yeah, bitches. I can skate. I did not stack it once.
Mmmm. No ice burns.
And there's other photos but this is the only one where I look good. Even if I have got my thinking face on.
And then we went to this church thing. Technically, it's not actually a cathedral but it looks like one. It's called St. Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal, or as the French say, Oratoire Saint-Joseph du Mont-Royal. Fancy shmancy.


This isn't a photo I took. Because it has all construction stuff and frames all over it, so my photos of the outside look terrible. I got this one from Wikipedia.


That's the view from the top, back down the stairs and the rest of Montréal. It was amazing inside as well, really awesome.




And there's the Jesus shop for all you hardcore Jesus fans. Wong, you know you want it.
After we saw the church we decided to go to the top of Mont-Royal. And it was an awesome view. But I didn't get any photos of the view. Wanna know why?
I saw a raccoon. And then accidentally dropped some of my ice cream on it. I think I might have made a raccoon ever so slightly addicted to chocolate, but it's alright. And the act of my dropping ice cream because I have problems with eating properly because I'm slightly demented consequentially made all the other raccoons from the raccoon clan come out to say hello.
There was ten or eleven of them, I think. They were epic cute. So that's all there is for today, just raccoons, raccoons and more raccoons. I just want to take one home. They look so cuddly. But apparently they have rabies, so you know.









Naww, baby raccoons.
Mmmm.Yum, yum, yum, complimentary raccoons.
Au revoir, mon cherie's.

4 comments:

  1. ILL RACE YOU!!!

    Ice skating's the best. we should get everyone down ice skating. (i think theres ice skating around mirabooka (which isnt the best suburb, but its still ice skating!).

    Now, now, Darcie. we mustn't eat what isn't ours to eat....or rather we mustn't eat what'l make everyone scared of you and resort to horrific torturing for your cannibalistic ways. cos if you do....I'm gonna torture you for your cannibalistic ways. umkay honey? good.

    Have a dandy time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we should totally go. i'd kick your arse. but it's more expensive in perth, it was only about twelve bucks in Montreal. :D
    that's because if they make it too expensive everyone just goes out to the local lake. which is beaver lake. hahahahah.
    and i wouldn't actually eat a raccoon.
    (ps, does your use of the word 'cannibalistic' refer to the fact that raccoons are equal to humans or that i'm equal to a raccoon?)
    (was just curious)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it refers to the fact that i used the word 'cannibalistic' in the wrong term.

    shut up, I'm not stupid.

    ReplyDelete