Wednesday, July 21, 2010

33: Day 26/The Homeland..?

Date: 20/7/10
Town: London, England
Time: 7.39pm
Timezone: GMT -01.00
Rule Britannia, Marmalade and Jam...
I won't finish the end of that line because it's rude and I'm a sweet and innocent young person. Or something. It's just a song my family likes to sing when they've had too many drinks, and I'm afraid it hereditary.
So today was the first day in England. Sightseeing is tomorrow so I don't have many exciting pictures for the blog. I would like to mention that I really like England so far. English people are really nice. And sarcastic. But nice nonetheless.
As Mark Watson once said, in Britain, when somebody says 'Yeah, Right' they mean 'No, Wrong."
Or maybe that's just some of them.
There's a lot of musicals in the West End in London as well but we don't have time to go see them.
Oh and also, the last day in New York I got myself a dandy pair of
DOC MARTENS!!!!


Yeah. Doc fricken' Martens. You're jealous, I know you are.
It was a spontaneous - yet expensive - purchase. But they are the comfiest shoes ever. I wore them all up and down the streets of London town - well, back and forth from the shops to my hotel - and it's like walking on air.


So this is a street. I dunno where. Don't hate me.
Also, there are a lot of cars in England. I don't mean just cars, I mean Rolls Royce and Ferrari and Aston Martin and Jaguar and Maserati and Audi and Lotus. And even a Bugatti.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, here are the cars I spotted today...


So there's a Maserati Quattroporte, Aston Martin DBS, A BUGATTI VEYRON, and a.... umm... I actually don't know what the electric blue one is. I thought it was a Lotus but it's something I've never heard of before and now I can't remember.
Oh well. Useless trivial information.
Unfortunately this isn't a very exciting post. I don't have any images of England for you at all.
But I found something else very very important that I thought you should know about. Might I mention that not only was there nary a moose and nary a bear in continental USA, but also... nary a Krispy Kreme.


I have been travelling around the world for four weeks and I only found Krispy Kremes on the last three days of my travels.
Oh yeah, I'm coming home in a few days. I'll be home by Saturday.
I bet you're all excited to see me again. I'm just about ready to come home. I don't think I could take much more travelling. It's wearing me out and I'm putting on weight... I think it'll be bananas and rockmelon for the next six weeks.
And California Rolls.
Yum.
I'll get you some good pictures tomorrow.
G'night. Slash, morning. It's 3am in Perth.
Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

  1. is that a silver bugatti...? oh my god that is so sexy..!

    and when you say expensive shoes.... how expensive do you mean...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i mean like... about one hundred and ten american. so you know, about ten thousand australian. -_-
    god, shoes in london are even more expensive. because they're the same price in figures, like a sixty dollar pair of shoes would be sixty pounds in london. but that's about one hundred and something australian dollars. GAH!

    ReplyDelete