Saturday, June 26, 2010

5: Day 1, part 1/Home in the clouds

Date: 25/6/2010
Time: 9.45pm
Town: San Fransisco, California
Timezone: GMT -07.00

Okay, so this has been a long day because I lived Friday twice, so I'll first go through the first part of my first Friday which I lived partly in Australia and partly over the Pacific.
In my last post I mentioned something about crappy internet, and the situation is no different at my hotel. It's crap as crap can be, but the hotel itself is amazing. Handlery Union Square hotel, quite nice.
I also mentioned something about taking photos of my sleeping family. I didn't get a chance to because I fell asleep also, but one of the nice attendants at the club gave me a pillow and a blanket. What a sweetie.
Okay, so the first flight was from Perth to Sydney. That was on an A330, and it was terrible. Cramped and horrible, I'm glad it was only a three and a half hour flight, I would have died on the inside if we had flown in an A330 to San Francisco. The seats are incredibly uncomfortable and cramped. I did however get a window seat and this is my favourite seat, I got some impressive images of Perth city at night from the sky. Pretty pretty lights.


We flew in a Boeing 747-400 from Sydney to San Francisco, significantly more comfortable. Roomier and softer chairs. Yum.
BUT DIDN'T GET A WINDOW SEAT so no pictures from the flights. I managed to sleep for a long time on the plane, the twelve hour flight was very nearly unbearable but I listened to my iPod for a long time, and also watched How to Train Your Dragon (for the fourth time, watched it on both flights and I've already seen it twice. It's still amazing.)


Plane food, don't get too excited. Was alright, for plane food... chicken curry rice thing. Wasn't really paying much attention.
So then we arrived at Sydney airport. Sorry guys, I'd get you a proper picture of the Qantas club but they don't like it when you take photos of the guests in there so I had to sneak one while pretending to sleep. Like my boots?


There's some impressive planes at the international airport, didn't get much of a chance to watch planes as I like to do at airports but I got a few snaps.
Sydney international airport has an amazing mall, really great shopping. Would have gone for a spin with the credit cards if I wasn't passed out on a couch.


So that was pretty much the first part of the journey. I spent the next thirteen hours in a plane, so now I'll start on part two of my weird Friday. I guess it's Saturday where you guys are at, so happy weekending.
Staying in San Francisco till Friday, then going up to Canada.
Stay tuned, stay awesome.
Stay classy, Australia.
Miss you lots.

1 comment:

  1. the lounge looks awesome =D and that food... yeah i'm not getting excited for that.... hope the flight was fun =D

    ReplyDelete