Wednesday, June 30, 2010

10: Day 5/Fish and History

Date: 29/6/10
Time: 9.30pm
Town: Vancouver, British Columbia
Time Zone: GMT -07.00

I don't think I'll ever get up to date with my posts, I'm still posting the day before every night. Deal with it, you're a day ahead so you're all ahead of me anyway. Leave me alone.
So this was my last day in Vancouver. We went to the Aquarium and to the Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia. Very exciting.
So the aquarium - I guess it's unfair to compare it to Aqwa in Perth, because we have massive coral reefs and heaps of tropical things and big sharks and stuff. Canada has otters and a few jellyfish. But they do try very hard, it was an impressive effort they put into the Aquarium. Their sea otters would absolutely crush the river otters at the Perth zoo - these ones are more like ocean dogs and less like rodents. They're amazingly cute though, look like they'd make a nice pillow.
And they had a pretty awesome Amazon exhibition as well. Parrots and butterflies and the like. Very exciting.
To make up for the failed blog from the day before, this is mostly a photo-journal of some of the better images from the day.
First, the fishies.









Okay, then we went over to the Anthropology museum at the UBC. It was absolutely, completely full of totem poles. I thought they were sort of uncommon but turns out any guy with a woodchipper was making a totem pole for their home. Inside and outside the home, by the front gate, holding up the patio, holding up the roof. Totem poles till the cows come home.
Also a really cool collection of masks. Reminded me of Majora's Mask, so it was extremely interesting.
Here's the images from the Museum.















So that was my journey around town. We also went for a walk through a forest but there's so many pictures of trees I can't be bothered deciding whether one picture of a tree is better than the other picture of a tree.
No trees here. Unless they are in the shape of a triangle and completely irrelevant to everything.
Yay for photo-journalism!
Until next time, stay tuned. I will try not to fail anymore, sorry about that.
Oh, and by the way... next stop, Kamloops.
"Where is Kamloops?" you may well ask.
But that is my point exactly.
Goodnight, darlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment